Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Common Milkweed

 
For those few and far between times when I need to call someone from work and had to walk from the dairy back out to my car, was it really necessary to bring the phone in w/ me? I leave it w/ my keys in the utility room anyway. Decided this morning to leave the phone in the car and walked in to do setup. Of course, today was the day that the herdsman overslept and I had to walk back out to the car to call and wake her up. Exactly how does the universe know that I left my phone in the car? Why does it care? Is it Raven (Native American trickster god) taking pleasure in a little joke? Is it Loki (Norse trickster god) being impish? Is it Seth (Egyptian trickster god) having fun at my expense? Anansi (African folk lore trickster) being mischievous? Puck (Shakespeare's trickster) being his usual knavish self? W/ so many cultures having a whole god/creature dedicated to causing things to go wrong, problems must happen more often than you'd think.

No comments: