Friday, June 21, 2013

Wild Calla

Bumper stickers on cars state "Watch Out for Motorcycles" to remind us that not everything on the road is a big car. That's especially true in the Northwoods. I turned into the driveway for the dairy and there in the headlights were a doe and her fawn. On the way home from work, I saw what looked like a dog crossing the highway. It stopped in my lane and looked back into the brush. I realized it was a coyote when it's pup came up out of the ditch and followed it into the woods on the other side of the road. This afternoon as I was coming back from town, I saw a bear in the road w/ two cubs. She got nervous and they all went running back the way they had come. This time of year it's a good thing to watch for the little, wobbly legged, hesitant, offspring tagging along behind the adults.

No comments: