Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wood Duck chicks

First trip to a podiatrist. My foot is painful if I walk fast on hard surfaces (like when I go to the Fair.) I have no problems though when I walk through the swamps in my hiking boots or working in my Wellies. The doc looked at my x-rays, palpated my big toe while asking me a couple of questions and then said he knew what was causing the problem. (Got to love a doc that makes a definite statement like that.) I have arthritis of the big toe. It's not going to get better but if I wear stiffer soled shoes or get carbon fiber inserts for my other shoes I should be pain free for quite a while and, when it gets too bad, there are other options. The other news is that the registration nurse at the clinic is also the new town clerk and the doc's nurse is the wife of Mike, the guy I work w/. Seeing people I know when I go somewhere - just like a native!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your big Toe!

It' tough getting OLD! JVM

Brent said...

Like the little ducks. Are these on a local pond?