Monday, June 17, 2013

Pink Ladyslipper Orchid


I'm watching the TV series Merlin. It's produced out of England and only occasionally have I seen it on PBS. Not a problem. The library has DVD's of most TV series - I can order all of the episodes for a year of almost any series. I just finished Season 2 this weekend and Season 3 is on it's way from another library.  Merlin is a retelling of the fable of Camelot. All of the characters are there but in slightly different circumstances than the stories I read as a child. I love this TV series but don't think I'll recommend it to my friends and family. I got into myths early on when I studied astronomy but I realize that hippogriffs, trolls, and dragons aren't as fascinating to everyone else. (I'm such a nerd.)

1 comment:

Shelby said...

You might be happy to know you passed your nerdism on to me. I remember you telling us about the constellations when we came to visit (which is probably what started it all). I loved the movies Jason and the Argonauts & Clash of the Titans and remember doing a really fun report in school on mythology (though I can't quite remember what the report was about). I recommend watching the movie "Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightening Thief". A new Percy Jackson movie will be out on 8/7/13, too.