Sunday, June 16, 2013

Foggy Sunset


I'm not a father but that didn't stop me from indulging myself on Father's Day. I mowed the lawn. I have a garden tractor w/ a mower attachment so I'm just along for the ride. Here, mowing the lawn doesn't consist of going around and around the outside of the house. There are paths to do too. There is one that snakes down past Gorgeous Gorge. One that circles the back yard. One that goes out past the daylilies and to a trail head through the woods. One that takes me out to the hybrid raspberries. One that takes me to the cut through the trees and has a side shoot out to the deer lick. Then I mow along each side of the driveway and around the outside of the garden fence. I even started mowing a new path through the aspens but almost got stuck. Will have to take a shovel out w/ me and smooth out a ridge I have to go over. Sun on my arms. Wind through my hair.  Wearing cool looking sunglasses.  So what if my little tractor isn't as fast as a Harley (not even close to a Vespa) - a great ride on a great day.

No comments: