Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April LIbrary display - 10th year anniversary

It's National Volunteer Week and the 10th anniversary of the library at it's current site. The Friends of the Library and the Library Board decided to celebrate w/ a little party at the library tonight. They had called last week to invite me and, since I was scheduled to work tonight, I assured them I would be there.  I spent most of my time manning the main desk so one of the library board said she would get me a plate of "a little something". She came back w/ a glass of punch and a plate laden w/ one of every cookie they had. I was hungry since I hadn't eaten since early this morning.  I also knew that I had a pizza and salad ready for pickup as soon as I got off from the library.   Tonight I'm stuffed plus I have lots of left over pizza and cookies. Not the worst situation to be in.

No comments: