Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mouse House

I was in a long line of cars this morning on the way to work. Usually I don't see any cars but these were lined up behind the one snowplow on the road. Enough snow last night that no one wanted to go much faster than 30 m/p/h. Good thing I start out early for work. This afternoon decided to check all of the bluebird houses. The ones which have doors, I leave wide open all winter. I let the snow, wind, and cold blast them clean. On those bird houses I just fastened the door back in place. The rest of the houses are made from PVC pipe and hook at the top. "G" and "H" houses looked like they were stuffed full of cotton. I unhooked them and dumped them in the snow. Out of "G"s contents scampered a big fat field mouse. How it got up the 3 foot metal pole and into the bird house is a mystery to me. No mouse in "H" but it was stuffed w/ the same stuff as "G". Assume this was the mouse's guest bedroom. Left the houses unhooked and upside down on fence poles. Will put them back in place after the mouse has found other accomodations. All of the rest of the bird houses are now ready for the season. Bring on the blue birds and warm weather!

No comments: