Tuesday, March 19, 2013

S**N%$O@#W

The last day of winter and I'm stuck in a snowdrift in my driveway. Tom, who hunts my land w/ my nephew, happened by and helped me back out to the road. My plow guy had been through around 9 a.m. as usual. It was now 11 a.m. and the driveway had filled in w/ snow that was 3 feet deep in places. I called the plow guy up and asked him to come again while I left to do yesterday's errands (today's errands will have to wait for tomorrow). The wind is still screaming as it races over the flat fields. I parked my car at the end of the driveway so I've got a good chance of getting out to work. My plow guy said he would be back in the morning after the winds have abated. We Northwoods natives have lots of different phrases to describe snow conditions. However, by the end of winter, the most commonly used ones can't be uttered in polite society. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The title of your blog says it all!. This has been a brutal Winter, compared to last year. The flowers were blooming last year and it had been 80 degrees, already, in Indiana. Granted, that was very unusual, but this Winter is really dragging on.

cjb