Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Full moon on the rise

Before an election, every voting machine is tested to make sure that the ballots are correctly displayed and that the count is accurate. These tests are open to the public and by law must be advertised. Last week, I read in the paper that my town was doing their public test on the 26th at the town hall. Right time - wrong place. Contacted the county clerk's office and they didn't know how they made that mistake but told me I would have to put notices of the correct location in the town's usual 3 posting sites. Did that. After work on Tuesday I had a message from my Chief Election Inspector that she had the flu and couldn't go to the test. She had called up her backup but that person's car broke down and she couldn't make it either. So I posted again in the usual 3 posting sites another new location and date. Actually, in the six years I've been clerk, no one has ever turned up for these public tests but rules are rules.

No comments: