Friday, November 16, 2012

Common Stump Brittlestem mushrooms

Met my brother in the woods today. We were both doing the same thing basically. While he was cutting up dead trees for firewood and I was on a long walk w/ Indy, we were both spending as much time in the woods as we could before deer hunting rifle season starts. Russell and I have a fear (I would call it a healthy respect) of being in the woods at the same time as people armed w/ high powered weapons. While we trust my nephews (who ought to be the only people hunting out there) why take chances? Of course, w/ all of the shooting already going on as hunters sight in their rifles and get in some target practice, I'm guessing most of the deer are thinking the same thing and hunkering down deep in the swamps for the duration. 

No comments: