Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weather balloon

August 4th, my friends delivered helium filled balloons to my place to celebrate my birthday. The Mylar balloons are finally beginning to lose their lift so I cut them from their tenders and letting them float around the house. This silver star balloon is floating about head high and it's interesting to watch it slowly move around the room. I can track air movement by opening doors/windows and seeing what effect it has on the balloons. I really am incredibly busy but could never resist a good experiment (or even mediocre ones.)                  - Just got back from closing the polls and counting the ballots. The prediction of a 20% turnout of voters was right on for our town. The poll workers even said they got a complement from someone who had heard on the news that many poll workers don't know what they are doing. "They should come here. You people are very professional." she said. Since that was the most noteworthy thing that happened all day, I told the Chief Inspector to write it in the Incident Report Log.  The county clerk likes to always have something noted in that report - might as well give ourselves a pat on the back.                  




No comments: