Monday, August 13, 2012

Black-eyed Susan


Tomorrow's election day (again). Remember I told you the town clerks were revolting against the GAB (Government election Accountability Board for the state)? It's escalated to the state's county clerks. They are getting their own mandates from the GAB. While the GAB is getting millions in grants (they send out high-priority e-mail announcements letting us know) - none of the money trickles down to the clerks who are expected to carry out what the GAB dictates. Sorry, I digress. Tomorrow's election day. I called my new chief election inspector just to see if she was all set. She laughed at me and said she was ready. I told her good luck and I'd deliver a table and some handouts to the town hall. Once at the town hall, I realized I didn't have a key - I'd given mine to the new Chief Inspector. The front door was locked. However, I walked around to the back and, yes, the back door was unlocked.  Still can get away w/ unlocked doors in the country.

No comments: