Friday, August 24, 2012

Red Squirrel

State Fair first day and my friends and I were there!  We got there at 6 am when the gates opened, had breakfast, checked out the fish and duck ponds, and the farm animal birthing building (little piglets were being shot out at regular intervals.) Settled down at the Hippodrome to watch the horse jumping competition. I fell asleep. (If only people wouldn't have clapped after every successful ride I could have had a really good nap). Then we were off to see the crafts (took pics w/ my cell phone of some ideas), home improvement, political booths, pet building, and food. Kathy is getting surgery on her foot next month so I thought we'd be leaving the Fair a little earlier than usual but it was my foot that finally ended our stay.. The pain over the top of my right foot eventually had me wincing w/ every step and my friends graciously said that 13 hours at the fair was enough for them too. A great day at the Fair (as is always the case!)

No comments: