Friday, August 24, 2012

A birthday picture

My final 60th birthday party. Let me rephrase ... the last party for my 60th birthday. (The word "final" seems more ominous now.)   Kathy, Kris, Nancy, and I were able to get together for a dinner and cake.   Kathy and I went shopping earlier in the day for a cake at a grocery in the Big City. This place had ethnic breads, hummus and sauces, all kinds of chocolate, sandwich wraps; the kind of delicacies I have no access to at the co-op grocery where I live. (Seeing this abundance, I suddenly felt like a visitor from a third world country.) Tonight, my friends treated me to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant and afterward we sat and talked (some slept) out on the deck. It's been a grand month of parties. Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good picture of your bobblehead!

cjb