Thursday, July 12, 2012

Daylilies

A hot and hard day at work.  Spent all afternoon getting ready for the town meeting tonight. Town meeting completed, I came home, and stepped out of my car. The sun had just set. The countryside was still lit in it's afterglow - the distant blue hills, the dark green woods and the lighter green fields. I stood looking at how absolutely beautiful everything was - from the round hay bales in my field to the swallows in the sky having one last feeding frenzy before bedding down for the night. Forgot any frustration and tiredness. Just wanted to imprint this one perfect moment on my mind.

2 comments:

Jordan Journal said...

My mom always called those "smell the roses" moments. She would stop us from whatever we were all doing and call us to look at what had drawn her attention. I used to love that time with her and now I do it with Ben and Maddie. We need those moments.

Pete said...

Precious times in life. One of my dad's favorite sayings too, "stop to smell the roses." Well written description, btw.