Thursday, June 07, 2012

I've got my eye on you

I was exhausted when I got up this morning and felt tired all through milking and cleaning the parlor. A little hard this time of year going to bed when the sun is still up. I got home and had time to shower, eat, check my e-mail messages and take off again for a nearby town to make my appointment to give blood. Couldn't find my billfold but I was sure it was somewhere around and left w/o it.  I wasn't thinking because once I got checked in, the nurse asked for my blood doner card or some other proof of who I was - like a driver's license. I had nothing. She politely told me that I couldn't give blood if I couldn't prove who I was. On the way home, that got me to thinking. If the law does ever pass that people must show an ID when voting, we are going to always have people being turned away at the polls because they don't have an ID on them.  Seems simple, on paper, to expect everyone to carry an ID, but life happens.  Once home, after a little digging I found my billfold in my camera case. Then ... a nap. 

No comments: