Friday, November 18, 2011

Canadian Geese in formation

Indy and I took a long walk today.  Will be the last good one for over a week - tomorrow rifle hunting starts.  Even though I trust the people who will be hunting my land, I wouldn't walk out in the woods during this time of year for anything.  I've been hearing shots for the last week as hunters all around me check out their guns.  I've watched lights playing on my window shade in the middle of the night as people shine deer from the road.  The sign is up in the grocery store "Leinenkugel's welcomes hunters" (a truly awful combination).  A rising "buck fever" is evident everywhere.   The dairy owners were concerned even about my walking in the field around the house so gave me a blaze orange cap and jacket.  Indy and I will stay close to home - good time to start work on this year's trick.  I was going to have the trick be finding my cell phone but she has already pretty well mastered that one.  Will have to think of something else.

No comments: