Friday, June 24, 2011

"M" is for Murder

Friday is the day I do the bluebird house check.   Instead of walk through the fields, forest, or swamps, Indy and I go to each of the 13 houses and write down what I find in each one.  For identification purposes, I have the houses lettered  - A through M.  This afternoon, coming up to where "M", the only unpaired bird house, should be I couldn't see it.   I found it laying on the grass.  The rebar that anchors it had been pulled out of the ground, the metal conduit pipe stand was bent, and the house was no longer attached.  I couldn't find any trace of the cute little tree swallow hatchlings I had seen just last Friday on my check.  Nothing could do that kind of damage except a bear.  My guess is he was after the birds.  Seeing that kind of damage made me stop and think - and what I think is that I should be carrying pepper spray on my walks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your brothers and sister,(who love you) have thought you might consider pepper spray (or a weapon) some time ago. LOL

CJB