Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ebony Jewelwing damselfly

High today made it to 61 degrees - maybe. I'm wearing a sweatshirt. Even though sunset is still 2 hours away, I've got the lights on in the house since it's so overcast outside. It's raining, cold, and sunless. Still, the countryside is extraordinarily beautiful. Everything has a clean, fresh look. Without harsh sunlight to wash out the colors the hills are vividly green/blue, the goldfinches a vibrant yellow, and the peonies voluptuously pink & red. I could wish that it was just a tad warmer but I will settle for this view (and just add another sweatshirt.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure would like to share 15 degrees with you. That would make me 80 and you 75. I like those temps. Again, I try not to complain as I don't like the cold.
Most everyday is sunny. (and the Dr. has me taking Vitamin D pills?)
JVM