Friday, March 25, 2011

Slowly Melting

Eric, the dairy owner, said he got a call from a neighbor who was asking if he knew anything about a guy who had applied for a job.  Eric explained that  none of the locals checked out people on a computer or called a person's references.  As an example, he said that when I had applied for a job at the dairy he just made a few well chosen calls.  Before offering me the job he already knew where I had lived, where I lived now, the layout of my house, where I went to church, and who my family was.  He also added, w/ a laugh, that best of all he didn't recognize my name from the Court News in the paper.   There aren't many secrets in a rural community.  Can't complain, I checked out the dairy before accepting the job (though I didn't get as detailed information).

No comments: