Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Full Crow Moon

My front driveway is a mess of deep ruts filled w/ ice water and now covered w/ a blanket of snow.  Most of my long driveway stays firm while the frost goes out of the ground but the part of the yard in front of the house can get very soft.  Yesterday, a poor delivery man sunk his truck in almost to the axles and it took my neighbor, Doug Dearhamer, and his tractor to get him out.  Doug repaired the damage as much as he could and I drove my car out of the garage and left it further down the driveway all night so that I wouldn't get stuck at 4:15 am when I left for work.  Spring can be tempermental, today we are having a snowstorm w/ projected 6-8" of snow.  It was so icy that the local schools let out at noon.  The good part of that is the below freezing weather has temporarily firmed up the driveway again.  I can leave my car in the garage tonight.  And ... well, the bad part of having a big snow storm is pretty obvious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have twin towers
JVM