Sunday, February 06, 2011

Z - Sculpted Snow

Despite drowning myself in  Russian tea, I've contracted a cold.  I'm not yet so miserable that I'm ready to say, "I don' care who caches dis code from me." so am doing my best not to pass it on.  I forewarned my friends, Nancy and Don, when I accepted their invite to breakfast.  I wore gloves when I went over to the Town Treasurer's home  to close the town books.    As I walked into church this morning, the greeter offered me her hand.  I smiled, kept my hands in my coat pockets, and explained that I had a cold.  "Oh, so do I!", she replied and reached out to the next person.  Comforting, I suppose, to know I'm not alone in my suffering.  Plus, if she greeted everyone in church, I'll probably be feeling a lot better about the time the rest of the congregation is coming down w/ it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty picture to end the "alphabet series".
Sorry about your cold...you were just enough younger than your older siblings to have escaped the daily teaspoon of cod liver oil through the Winter months. You might give that a try. :-)

SRM said...

I can't swear about Brent but Russell and I didn't miss out on the spoonfull of cod liver oil. Still remember that taste.

Jared said...

So, so funny! We have had a nasty flu and GI bug swirling around here. Thankfully attendance has been low at church so we have not yet gotten.

I agree with you--keep your hands in your pockets! What's worse: not shaking hands or passing on your cold?

Still chuckling... sometimes human logic mystifies me!