Monday, February 07, 2011

Inside a Saguaro

A picture from my brother, Phil.

My grandparents spent their winters in Arizona.  Grandpa made picture frames from saguaro wood for my sister's paint-by-number pictures.  He used the same kind of wood to make a lamp, and a chest-of-drawers.  I have them now.  I use the chest-of-drawers, the picture frames (Sorry Con, I changed out the pictures), but the lamp will take a little work before it's serviceable again.  My brother and sister-in-law are spending part of their winters in Arizona now too.  Since it's still cold & snowy here in the Northwoods and there are just so many pictures you can take of snow (snow on trees, snow on brush, snow on rocks, etc.), thought I'd put out some pictures of the flora of Arizona for awhile.  Part of my "think warm" strategy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the paint by number pictures! You could almost see the numbers through the lighter shades of paint. I am sure they found a good home. :-)

cjb