Thursday, January 27, 2011

T - Lyre-tipped Spreadwing damselfly

I got into a rut and listened to 3 Hamish MacBeth murder mysteries in a row.  They all take place in Northern Scotland.  That has proved to be an overload on my system.  First, I tend to pick up speech patterns from the books I read.  Second, the person reading the books on the CD often uses a heavy Scottish brogue.  Third, I've been listening to all this for the past couple of weeks.  I caught myself actually thinking with an accent today.  So, before I am speaking with a wee Highland lilt I'll be moving on to another author.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember the Generals that you had on CD when I was up there. Got it for Xmas and listened to 3 of the 15 hours today in the car. See why you like to listen to CD's when you are driving. Sheila even put her Kindle down to listen.

Flip