Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pearly Everlasting

Bopped over to check in w/ Aunt June again. She wasn't as perky today. She is out of the temporary wheelchair and can now look in her mirror - she didn't like what she saw. She actually is looking better from two days ago when I first saw her after she fell out of bed. But she doesn't want anyone to see her w/ her black & blue marks and stitches in her chin. No amount of cajoling would convince her to eat out w/ everyone else so I asked the nurse if she could have a plate brought to June's room. I then told Aunt June she shouldn't look at herself for a couple of days until she had healed a bit more. She looked at me skeptically. I said she would be green by then. Now she looked alarmed. I assured her it would be alright and all we needed was a good story to go along w/ her bruises. I floated a couple of possibilities past her and we picked the one she laughed at the most. She then asked if we could have a different one for every day and I thought that was an excellent idea. She practiced today's story a couple of times and felt she was ready. If anyone asks what happened to her, she will reply, "I fell off my Harley".

No comments: