Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Red Baneberry

I went to the library and dropped off the book I just finished and a murder mystery by Al Roker. I didn't finish Al Roker's book about a murder on a Morning TV show. Think we all feel that there is a book in us - something we could write about if we just had the time and impetus to do it. After trying to get through Al's book it became brutally obvious that there must be more of a craft to writing than you might think. He knows his subject obviously (not murder, a morning TV show) but it just was ...well... boring. I didn't really care about the characters nor was the plot, as far as I got, interesting. Of course, this doesn't mean that my book - "Susan Mayer, Town Clerk" - will be anything but great. Might take some more time, though, and work on that title.

No comments: