Friday, July 23, 2010

Storm Clouds sliding off to the north

During the summer, Mom used to make sure that Dad wore old work clothes. Her reasoning was that old clothes would tear easier just in case they were caught in any running machinery. I thought about that today while milking. Work clothes at the dairy are usually tees and jeans. Lisa, the intern, prefers t-shirts w/ 4-H logos. Her right pants leg today was torn from knee to ankle. Mike likes white t-shirts (how he keeps them clean, I don't know). He wears his jeans fashionably low - makes me worry that he might lose them one day as he walks out to get the cows. My work jeans are well-worn and my top is always black - shows less manure and when I get soaking wet doesn't look like I'm an entry in a wet t-shirt contest.

No comments: