Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Red Fox at sunrise

Found another tick on Indy and decided I'd better get over to the vet's and pick up some Frontline. I was surprised when I arrived to find the vet in the office. He specializes in large animals so is usually out on farm calls. Today, he said, was a slow day and he was in between spaying two dogs. Since Indy had come along for the ride, he would give her her annual exam right then if I wanted. Indy did not like the vet's office. She actually snapped at the assistant when we tried to coax her onto the scales so she had to wear a muzzle for the rest of the exam. The vet gave her a Lyme's shot and I asked if she should also get a distemper shot. "Well," he said, "giving a distemper shot to a mature dog is like passing out birth control at the nursing home." I decided no distemper shot. As we left, I looked back at the vet in his plaid shirt and suspenders (have never seen him in a white lab coat) and waved. My kind of vet!

No comments: