Saturday, July 06, 2013

Widow Skimmer Dragonfly (female)

I'm not sure what possesses me to make up recipes on the fly. This morning it was a pie crust filled w/ blueberries and a walnut and butter crumble topping. It was OK but think I should have left out the lemon zest I added to the crumble. Tomorrow I plan on making a pizza w/o any sauce. Fortunately these urges come upon me when I'm cooking only for myself so no one else has to eat my food flops (except of course Indy who will eat anything). Can't imagine what comes over me. Maybe these culinary creations are really experiments to satisfy my inner chemist?

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Be happy you have the ability to make up recipes on the fly. Personally, I pretty much go strictly by the cookbook because I have no talent for even imagining what flavors might go well together. On nights when I don't have a meal planned, I'm in a world of trouble but luckily my hubby is like you and can just figure something out to eat sans recipes.

Anonymous said...

I married a cook, too. This is why my family hasn't starved so far.
Rebecca