Thursday, September 24, 2026

Moonset

A cloudy day so the house didn't get that extra bump of 10 degrees from passive solar heating.  At noon the inside temp was around 65 degrees.  While the sun did shine late in the afternoon, it was only enough to raise the temp a few degrees.  I knew it would only get colder inside after sunset.   Time to give in and turn on the heat.  It's a two part process: flip the switch on the circulating pump and turn the thermostat to heat.  Will be nice not to have to wear a heavy sweater around the house tomorrow.

Volunteer Diane is on Thursday nights w/ me at the library now.  She wanted to carry on the tasks of relabeling books.  Librarian Trevor had just finished w/ the 'G' books  (that's fiction books whose author's last name begins w/ 'G').  I said I needed a half hour before we closed the library to input last week's stats.  "Not a problem.", she said confidently.  You can guess how it turned out.  We did just manage to finish w/ a shelf of books and still have a half hour before closing but five minutes later a patron walked in w/ five totes of overdue books.  I gave precedence to checking in the books since many were from other libraries and the courier comes tomorrow.  Think I can bop downtown early tomorrow, grab a coffee, and finish everything up before the library officially opens.  It's that or leave it for another week and who knows what will come up then.

No comments: