Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Foggy Vista

I wouldn't believe this stuff if I hadn't read it in multiple places.

Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville gave a speech last week where he said many pilots, flight attendants, and air traffic controllers were part of the furry community.  "It's terrifying when you think about this." He said, "It's possible the pilot flying your plane could have a deranged fetish of dressing up like an animal."   I'd watched a TV drama where the main actors encountered a group of people who liked dressing up as animals so at least I knew what he meant by 'furries'.   I also know, however, commercial pilots and flight attendants are required to wear a uniform (which does not include a tail) so, should any of them choose to dress up as a stuffed animal, it's on their own time.  I'm wondering if Sen. Tuberville has the same issues w/ people who dress up to participate in Civil War reenactments or Trekkies (pretty sure wearing pointy Spock ears in the cockpit isn't allowed either).  Sen. Tuberville's rant  about 'furries' comes two weeks after FBI Director Kash Patel defended, in front of a Senate Judiciary Committee, changes to FBI hiring policies.   Applicants to join the FBI will no longer be automatically disqualified for, among other things, engaging in bestiality.  

I think the government is saying ...

People who choose to dress as anthropomorphic animals aren't trustworthy enough to hand out peanuts on a plane but we can have faith that people who've abused animals will enforce federal laws.

No comments: