Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Dunder asleep in the sun

I drove over to the clinic early for another blood draw.  The doc has me doing it every two weeks to ensure my hemoglobin continues to improve.   I asked the nurse to take it from my left arm this time.  My right arm has a vein that looksl like a pipeline so they usually take it from that side but last week the Mothership Clinic had also taken a sample and the tech caused a bruise that hadn't yet completely healed.  Unfortunately, the nurse this morning couldn't find the vein on the left side so the poor right hand vein got poked again.  P.S.  Two weeks ago I was at 8.9 and today I went up to 10.2.  Yeah!

On the way back from the clinic I picked up my mail.  Lots of bills.  First was a document from my health insurance.  Not precisely a bill but a list of changes in their coverage for next year.  Copays raised and some things aren't covered anymore - will need to check if I need to change insurance.  Second was something from my home insurance.  Next month it is up for renewal and the insurance company was letting me know changes in their policy and what the bill for the next year will be.  Noticed the amount is double what it was when I started w/ them - of course that was 20 years and two out buildings ago so can't get too excited.  Third was a Notice of Changed Assessment from the Town.  OK - again not exactly a bill.  The whole town was reassessed this year.  The usual cause is the state government thinks it should be getting more money from an area so it lets the assessors know how much tax revenue it expects and it's up to the assessors to find it (or the government will send their own assessors and do it).   All of my property was assessed to be worth three times as much as it was worth last year.  I double checked that the accessor hadn't taken some land out of AG or had revalued my buildings but the code for the change in all cases was '05-Increase due to revaluation'.  A note included said this doesn't mean my taxes will go up accordingly.  Pretty sure, though, it won't mean my taxes will be going down!   Fourth was a bill from the electric company.  I had contacted them multiple times late in the winter because they stopped sending me bills.  Each time the help desk said it was an issue with their billing department and I had been credited back all of the money I'd paid in since the solar panels went live.  Last week I'd gotten two letters in a row from the electric company stating they had now fixed the billing problem.  I'd be getting bill for the last 17 months all at once and just call them to set up a payment plan since it had been their fault.  I wasn't too worried.  This summer the electric company had sent out an electrician to change out the meter.  He hadn't done that since there was nothing wrong w/ the meter - it was their billing department.  He'd also looked at the amount of electricity the panels had produced and how much electricity I had used and said the diff wasn't much.  He was right.  My bill worked out to about $60/month for both electricity/heating.  No need to set up a payment plan.  

No comments: