Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Sunset

 

The president has banned my vacuum.  Well, technically I just can't upgrade my Roomba since it might be a national security risk.  One reason given is a automated vacuum could map out the footprint of my home and transmit it back to China.  If someone in China wants to know how to find my bathroom, all they need do is ask.  Should I find the Roomba up on my desk going through my papers that might give me pause but right now it's only going to find a Lands End catalog and the yearly renewal notice for my P.O. Box.  The government also expressed concern that the robots could be ordered to cause harm to people.   Good thing I have a dog.  Whip would defend me vigorously if a Roomba stalked me while I slept.  I've seen what she does to small vermin and it isn't pretty.  She is a solid sleeper though.  I might have to wake her up first.

Drove to Churchville with Brother Phil.  On the way back home we went through the hills and there isn't usually any traffic.   I said, "Pretty sure I can make it through the hills w/o hitting the gas or the brake."   Phil seemed skeptical but I explained the cruise control is all I need to speed up or slow down.  All was going well - even through a series of curves - when I remembered the stop sign where County Road O meets County Road F.  I amended my statement, "I have to use the brakes at the stop sign but the turn later onto O I'm pretty sure I can slow enough to make."   Phil's response was a mumbled "Just get me home safe."  Not sure if he was talking to me or to God.  By the end of our trip, I'd used the brakes three times - once for the stop sign, once when I noticed a bunch of turkey crossing the road, and once to slow quickly so Phil could see where a new B&B was built.

No comments: