It was my birthday yesterday and I feel properly celebrated. I was carded and called, received presents, got flowers, and dined. The flowers are a bit of a stretch - my new daylily, Final Touch, finally bloomed on my birthday and I'm counting that as receiving flowers. Phil & Sheila, Russell & Donna, Brent & Evelyn and I went out for dinner at a supper club. I was happy we could all get together before we disperse again. Whip, who stayed home, got a doggy bag out of it so she was happy too.
Saturday, August 08, 2026
Sheila getting ready to take off
Brent said we should go on our traditional buckthorn run. I don't remember it as a tradition but cutting buckthorn trees is always a good thing. Phil took his hedge trimmer and walked a couple of trails cutting back the overhanging raspberry and blackberry canes. Brent and I slowly drove Jormungandr down the trail around the meadow. I cut trees on the meadow side - some buckthorn and some ash - while Brent cut a bunch of buckthorn growing on the forest side of the path. We met Phil out on the trail, The bench seat on Jormungandr can only seat three so I told Whip to get out and we gave Phil a lift home. I 'put the pedal to the metal' on the way home to create a cooling breeze. Only in the 80's but working out in the sun had tired all of us. By the time I parked Jormungandr Whip was laying at the front door waiting for us - big grin on her face as always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment