Thursday, August 27, 2026

Partial Lunar Eclipse

Got in to see a doc at the clinic today as a follow-up on my recent hospital stay.   I told her about some issues I was having and she said those were probably side-effects from the antibiotics I was taking.  (I knew there was a reason I should have read those information sheets the druggist gave me.)   No need to get stitches from the operation removed.  Incision was so small, it was just glued shut.   She did want another blood sample.  Went to the lab and the nurse there asked which arm I preferred she draw from.  I held them both out in front of me and told her to take her pick.  I'd had so many needle marks from the past few days my arms looked like those of a a drug user.  She picked the right.   "It's less damaged than the other." was her reasoning.  Later I got a call from the clinic that my hemoglobin count had gone up a little more since my discharge (good thing) and I should set up another blood draw in two weeks (hopefully my arms will have recovered by then.)  

Tonight I sat out on the deck to watch the lunar eclipse. I switched out Whip's usual harness for the one that glows and set the color to red so it wouldn't hurt my night vision. Unlike solar eclipses, lunar eclipses are long lived things so I had time to do other things.   Fun finding constellations as stars started popping out, listening to a great horned owl announce it's presence in the forest, and even hearing shuffling noises that Whip wasn't concerned about so I wasn't either.  Too cool for mosquitos or gnats but the crickets and grasshoppers sang for awhile until it got too cold for them too.   I threw on a sweatshirt, wiped dew off the camera lens, and Whip and I sat side by side on a rocker watching as the Earth's shadow slowly covered the full Moon's face.

No comments: