Monday, August 10, 2026

Ian's a Senior

 Tomorrow is the Partisan Primary so today is a prep day.  Chief Inspector Andy caught me before church yesterday and asked if there was anything else he needed to get ready.  I thought about it a moment and replied no.  He asked about checking to make sure vandals hasn't broken into the town hall and wrecked our setup.  Gotta like a guy who thinks of everything.  I said I'd check on it today.  Actually, more than likely would have even if he hadn't said something. 

Foggy morning.  Drove over to the County Seat for an appointment at the clinic.  I knew from taking my blood pressure at home that the A-fib had returned.  Doc had been weaning me off a medication but now I'm back on it at full strength.  Once back home I started going through my election prep checklist.  (You had to have guessed I'd have a checklist)  Checked in w/ each poll worker for tomorrow.  It's not so much to remind them they will be working the election as for me trying to ensure everything goes seamlessly.  Check.  I'd filled up the car w/ gas on the way back from the clinic.  Check.  Set two alarms for tomorrow morning.  Check.  No need to set up so Whip has access to her run while I'm gone all day.  Phil is here and said they would be in and out of the house during the day.  Check.  Figure out who I'm going to vote for.  Check.  Will wait until this afternoon to finish up the rest.

No comments: