Wednesday, October 09, 2024

First Frost

Leif Erickson Day and First Frost were on the same day this year.  I choose to celebrate Leif Erickson Day in lieu of Columbus Day and w/ all of the people of Scandinavian ancestry in the Northwoods, I don't know why the state doesn't just chuck Columbus in favor of Leif Erickson for a holiday.   After all the Vikings were the first Europeans in the New World and (big plus) they didn't enslave/kill the native peoples.  (They did that elsewhere.)

I called the clinic yesterday to get on the waiting list for flu and Covid shots.  Surprisingly they not only a supply of both vaccines already but an opening this morning.  I've been pretty active all day - haven't noticed any ill effects.  Still, think I'll hit the hay earlier than normal tonight.  Last year when I had both shots at the same time I experienced chills late in the evening.  That was easily remedied by turning up the electric blanket.   If it happens again tonight, the electric blanket is already on the bed.

No comments: