Sunday, October 13, 2024

Autumn Color

 A rainy weekend but the woods are hitting peak color.  Once in awhile there is a break in the clouds and the sun lit up the countryside.  Mostly it was cold and windy.  I spent most of the day indoors.  Had just finished the book "Butter" by Asako Yuzuki.  I'd read the book's blurb and thought it was a murder mystery set in Japan.  It's a long book and I read all of it but  no mysteries.  It turned out to be more of a drama w/ a lot of angst, inner turmoil, and awakening self-awareness.   There are some murders but they occurred before the beginning of the story.  After finishing that, I wanted something w/ a lot of action.  Picked up "One Perfect Couple" by Ruth Ware.  I spent the afternoon reading: a bunch of disparate characters on a secluded island cut off because of a storm.  Three deaths so far - but there are still people missing.  I made a spreadsheet to keep track of everyone.  This is more like it.

No comments: