Monday, September 23, 2024

Crystal bowls

 

I asked Brothers Brent & Phil to make four smaller squares at the very top of the new room divider - about head level.  Some rock spheres I've collected over the years are too large to display in the glass-topped end table.  I've been putting them here and there on my bookshelf.  An OK place but I've sometimes thought about how much it would hurt if one of them rolled off it's stand and hit me in the head.  Figured those spots at the top of the room divider would be great for them.  I placed them in the four squares and realized they looked ...well ... blah there.  I left the spheres in place for a few days to see if I might warm up to their new location but it wasn't happening.  High in the back of my closet though I found some Orrefor bowls I'd picked up years ago when I was still at Honeywell.  I'd packed them up for the move here and never unpacked them.  It clicked in my brain - four bowls, four squares.  I replaced the spheres and, to me, they look great.   Bowls can be versatile.   They can hold colored eggs in spring, flowers in summer, and Christmas tree ornament balls in winter.  Haven't put anything in them yet for autumn.  Something to think about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the bowls look perfect!

cjb