Saturday, September 28, 2024

Basket

The brothers made three squares, equal in size/shape, at the bottom corner of the room divider where it's next to the wall.  They are right by the futon so the view through them consists of a mattress and legs.   I'd planned on using these cubbyholes for storage.  At first I picked up lidded boxes that were the exact same size as the cubes.  Bad choice since it was hard to open them if I wanted to get inside and they looked a bit wedged in place.  Still, I liked the gray covered boxes.   Used them instead to replace the overflowing box underneath the pew for pet toys.  There is now a labeled cat toy box, a dog toy box, and one for their 'clothes'. For the room divider I picked up smaller rope basket totes.  Like the ones you see on murder mysteries - large enough to comfortably handle a head.  It's easy to stash stuff inside them and move them around as needed.   I pulled out the cardboard box under my computer desk that I was using for donations to the library.  One tote in the divider is now for books to be donated and another for items when the library has it's semiannual sale.  These totes are working quite well for those purposes - I've already taken the tote filled w/ books to the library three times.  The box that was under my desk has become a cat toy.  I'll wait until they are done playing w/ it before I flatten it for recycling.

No comments: