Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Great St. John's Wort

 

The scent of freshly mown hay is in the air.  Farmers have been waiting for enough sequential dry days to cut their fields, spread the grass to dry, and get it baled.  Monday was suppose to be the beginning of a week w/o storms but there would be the possibility of "pop-up's".    That's turned out to be every day so far.  On Monday it was clear, bright, and I wore sunglasses to the grocery store.  As soon as I got out of the car there was a downpour and I had to hurry or I'd look like an entry in a wet t-shirt contest.  Everything was clear and sunny on Tuesday until I went out to plant some little bluestem grass.   It began to sprinkle and then really come down.  I went ahead planting the grass in the rain.   When I went back inside it stopped.  Today I drove Jormungandr over by the outside hose to get some of the caked on mud off.  I do my best to avoid mud holes but it hasn't always been possible this year.  Yes.  As soon as I got the hose on and began spraying the sides, it started sprinkling.  It had been a bit muggy so getting wet, both from back spray and from above, felt pretty good.  (I am thinking I should stay inside for awhile so the hay can get a chance to dry out though.)  Whip was out w/ me while I cleaned Jormungandr and squeezed past me when I came back inside.  She doesn't like getting her face wet.  I went back outside right away.   When I came back in again I was trying to figure out what that vile smell in the foyer was.  I looked accusingly at the cats who both replied "It's not us."  Then I placed that scent.  Called for Whip who came into the foyer bringing w/ her that waft of bear - uh - manure.  She must have found some near the house and had rolled in it.  She was quite happy w/ herself.  Not so much w/ me when I took her back outside and hosed her off.

No comments: