Monday, April 08, 2024

Barn Quilt

 I found my eclipse-watching colander and set it out on the desk.  Made out some cards.  Printed out tax forms (Yes, I still mail them instead of doing it electronically.) Ordered flowers.  Rewrote the Town of LaFayette's Road Protection ordinance (it was only three pages) for our town and submitted that along w/ last week's meeting minutes to the Planning Commission chairman for his approval.  Then went out to mail the cards & tax forms, talk briefly with the librarian, and pick up groceries.  Grabbed lunch before driving back home.  Made it back in time to watch the eclipse.  It was not only overcast but raining.  I sat at my computer and updated some files.  Could see that outside it was getting a bit darker - like it would at sunset.  Watched the birds.  Normally after the morning rush, they hit the feeders sporadically during the day before the late afternoon gorge.   The birds didn't seem to be reacting differently than any other day.   The only noticable effect of the eclipse was on me:  I turned on the light in whichever room I was in.

No comments: