Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Barn Quilt

I woke up this morning w/ an immediate realization: I'd forgotton to initial the Seal Document.  I'd listed the seal numbers when I applied them after the Public Test.  I'd signed each line and dated it.  I'd initialed when I broke the seal on the ballot bin yesterday and added the number of the new seal and signed/dated it.   I'd forgotten to initial each line when I removed those seals last night after the election though.  The seal document is part of the paperwork the Town Clerk would be delivering to the County offices this morning.  Decided against calling the Town Clerk and asking her to initial the document. While she could since she saw me remove the seals, it was my mistake.   I would endure whatever 'tsk tsk tsk'ing the County Clerk would say to me.  In the meantime, I had the school's documentation to deliver.  I parked next to a police car in the visitor's parking area and was buzzed in at the main door.  Times certainly have changed from my school days.  The school isn't gleaming modern and shows wear in places but can't argue w/ the student's test results.  It's the best school in the county.  Waited while the District Secretary checked that all of our election paperwork relating to the school board race was there and then photocopied our poll book.  The secretary said our town was the 4th out of 12 reporting municipalities to come in so far.  Still a few hours before the school's reporting deadline.  Back in my car, I texted the town clerk to let her know the school's paperwork had been delivered.  She texted back that she had dropped off the county's documentation.  She, too, was surprised to be one of the first town's to deliver election results ...  plus, how tense the county office personnel seemed.   While she was at the office one of the assistant's had slammed down the phone and yelled "NOW THEY ARE RECOUNTING THEIR BALLOTS!"  The town clerk beat a quick retreat so as not to get caught up in whatever was going on.   Her text brightened my day.   Meant the County Clerk had bigger issues to deal with than my missing initials on the Seal Document.

No comments: