Monday, April 15, 2024

Barn Quilt

Another warm (60's) day and time to put out the bird houses.  A spring task made much easier now that I have Jormungandr.  As I put the houses in the cargo bed I saw the tree swallows were back too.  There were two pair squabbling over the house mounted on the west side of the stockade.  After setting up all of the houses on my land, I drove over to Neighbor Blake's land by one of the ponds.  He allows me to keep two houses there.  (He called later in the afternoon to say he'd seen me out driving.)   Then it was back over to Neighbor Doug's.  He too lets me put up houses on a mound he has back of the buildings where they aren't in the path of machinery.  (I didn't go unnoticed there either since their dog Max started barking.)  I followed the edge of the field down to Brother Russell's.  At the end of his driveway I have two more houses.  I was now out of houses but remembered the 'duplex' Niece Rebecca had given me.  Brother Brent had mounted it on the east side of the stockade under the apple tree.   It's door needed to be closed also but it's too high for me to reach w/o a step stool.  Drove Jormungandr under the apple tree and I stood up through the UTV'S roll bars.  Perfect height to allow me to shut the door.  All of the houses are ready for occupation just as the birds are returning.    Now - will the weather remain 'spring-like' too?

No comments: