Friday, April 12, 2024

Barn Quilt

I had a list on the refridgerator of things to pick up in Churchville.  Niece Rachel is staying for a couple of days so first thing in the morning I told her we needed to take a drive.  Drove over on the main highway since it goes past the recycling bins and I had accumulated quite a few bags of plastic bottles, metal cans, glass, and cardboard.   Drove on to Churchville and sat down to my fav breakfast of strawberry crepes.   Next stop Farm and Fleet.  I picked up dog treats, dog food, cat food, a salt lick, and bird seed.  Rachel was lured over to the big metal holding pens full of chicks.  They are under warming lights and peeping to their hearts content.  Even had a pen filled w/ baby ducks.   Next stop Cabin Coffee.  Picked up a latte and two bags of whole beans.  Turns out they've dropped their Customer Reward system.  Too bad - that odd free bag of beans or latte was much appreciated.  Then on to Hobby Lobby.  I needed a cardboard box of a certain size and red ribbon.    If you want red ribbon the best time to get it must be around Christmas 'cause this time of year they only had two types - curling ribbon and tulle.   Wasn't sure how to manipulate tulle into anything so opted for the curling.  There were still two more items on my list but I had reached my internal time limit for shopping for the day.   Headed toward home through the hills.   On the way out of town dropped off my dry cleaning of winter sweaters and throws.  The things I didn't pick up this time I'll use to start a new refridgerator list.  

No comments: