Thursday, March 21, 2024

Milkweed pods

Thursday - library duty.  I brought to the library w/ me a bag containing a puzzle I'd finished, a book to be donated, a bookmark. and a calendar I'd just received from some place asking for money.   I felt a bit guilty that maybe I was just using the library to dump stuff I didn't want.   The puzzle exchange area was nicely arranged though and I could tell puzzles were coming and going so it felt good to add a puzzle to the collection.  I put the bookmark in the free bookmark rack by the front desk.  It will get picked up quickly.  Kids love to look through the rack when they check out books and this marker is distinctive because it's not made of paper but from a slice of motherboard.  I placed the calendar in w/ the one remaining calendar.  There had been a stack of donated calendars so I know people have been taking them home.  However, the book I was  donating was 'Galactic Structures' written in the 70's.  Old non-fiction science books don't move well.   I paged through this one a last time and then remembered I had questions about something I'd heard recently concerning the evolution of elliptical galaxies.  I'd forgotten I had this book and maybe it had some answers.  So it went back home w/ me.  It's quite possible that, rather than let my old astronomy books molder unloved and forgotten in a corner of the donated book shelves, I may eventually give them a flaming Viking funeral.  ...  It's also quite possible I should get out of the house more.

No comments: