Monday, January 15, 2024

Making Snow on the Ski Hill

 I stayed put today.  Cold and windy so not a great day to be outside for any length of time.  I went into the closet and pulled out my anorak.  It's got everything a person could want in a winter coat from it's faux fur lined hoodie to the knit cuffs inside the sleeves to the mid thigh length.  Weighs a ton and takes awhile to get on but after that I can laugh at wind chill.  The dog and I played a game outside which gave Whip some exercise.  We still take our morning and evening constitutional but she doesn't like staying out for long periods of time when it's this cold.  I checked on Yggdrasil which, after it's stint as Christmas Tree, is just waiting out in Mjolnir until spring planting.  That building was 47 degrees (temp is set at 45).  Decided to check on Sleipnir too.  Was surprised how much warmer it was there - a balmy 57 degrees.  Double checked that it too was set at 45 degrees and that the heat wasn't on during the day.  Must be the passive solar heating from the south facing windows.   Tomorrow will be warmer - high of 5 degrees.

No comments: