Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Undecorating the tree

This is the second year I've had a live tree for my Christmas.  There are advantages to having a living tree.  It's smaller than a cut tree but because it needs a sizeable root ball, it stands at least five feet tall.  It's quick to decorate and pretty quick to take the ornaments off.  I'd meant to do that the day after Christmas but because of the storm and cold, I had put it off.  Tonight I shoveled a path into Mjolnir, took the decorations off the tree, placed the tree in the garage and gave it a good watering.  Tomorrow I'll move it over to Mjolnir for the rest of the winter.  Will try to get it over there early before the day warms up above freezing.  The driveway between Haven and Mjolnir has been plowed.  Much easier to move the tree over the smooth hardened snow than later through slush.

No comments: