Wednesday, December 21, 2022

My neighbor's place

Got the garbage bin out to the edge of the road.  They didn't pick up last week because of the storm and I didn't know if they would change their route and come early.  Then got my list of groceries to buy together and went shopping.  If the weatherman was right we were in for another snowstorm in the afternoon and I wanted  to be back home before it began.  Picked up almost everything on my list at my usual store but had to stop at another one for a can of golden mushroom soup.  Many winter dishes in the Northwoods have golden mushroom soup as an ingredient and my usual grocery store was sold out of it.  Stopped on the way home to pick up my mail.  Neighbor Anita texted I should come over for a cup of coffee so I brought their card along w/ me.  It was beginning to snow by the time I got home.  I settled down into the sofa to listen to the latest episode on PBS of the Seaside Hotel.  (It's in Danish so a bit of concentration is required when watching it.)  Quite an enjoyable day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a snowy picture!
I can't cook without golden mushroom soup!

cjb

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful picture!
Rebecca