Sunday, October 23, 2022

Hunting Nirvana

Texted w/ Friend Kathy while we watched Svengoolie on Saturday night (it was the classic Bride of Frankenstein).  I hadn't been able to shake a dizzy and nauseous feeling most of the day.  Kathy said she'd read somewhere to add an extra pillow while sleeping to alleviate the effects of vertigo.  I was ready to try anything so last night I had two pillows under my head plus, as an extra measure, slept supine.  Meant I woke up often during the night.  This morning, though, I felt pretty good and didn't even need the medicine the doc had prescribed to stave off unsteadiness.  Started to get caught up on some activities.  Now that I was thinking a bit straighter, I bopped down to the town hall and posted a sample copy of the ballot for the November election outside on the bulletin board.  Should have thought of that when I picked up all of the supplies from the county clerk on Friday.  The earlier people can see what the ballot looks like, the better I think.  Also had often let Whip outside this past week instead of going w/ her on a walk.  So we went for a proper jaunt through the fields and swamp.  I looked down over the small corn field surrounded by soybeans that my neighbor had planted this year.  I see he has an elevated hunting shack at the edge of it and another temporary canvas hunting spot set up further down the field.  A perfect hunting spot for this deer season. A truly smart deer, however, will stay on my land (where no hunting is allowed) and wait for nightfall before walking down to munch on my neighbor's beans and corn.

No comments: